We love Volunteer Groups! Do you have a group of 5 or more who want to volunteer together? See our Group Opportunities Page.
Work directly with affiliate staff and volunteers to help further our mission of building simple, decent, affordable housing and see real change happening as a result of your contribution.
If you are interested in joining a committee, contact volunteer program manager Christina - 503-844-7606 x 113.
Please watch this video before coming to the construction site.
In inclement weather construction is canceled:
- When the the National Weather Service forecast that morning is a high less than 30 degrees
- If hazardous weather causes school closures by the Beaverton School District
- If the National Weather Service forecast that morning is 94 degrees or higher we will re-evaluate throughout the day and may close the site when the temperature reaches 94. Volunteers should make sure to dress accordingly and safely, and hydrate throughout the day. You are welcome to make a personal decision about leaving the site when you feel the temperature is too high.
We're not accepting Community Service Volunteers at this time. Please check back in March, 2017 or contact the Washington County ReStore at 503-906-3823 to see if they have opportunities available.
Volunteers are vital to Habitat's mission. The vast majority of Habitat's work is done by volunteers, either on construction sites or in other areas. We welcome people from all walks of life to help us build homes for families in need.
You don't need construction experience to volunteer with Habitat, just a willingness to learn. If you don't know how to do a task, we will train you.
Volunteer with Willamette West Habitat!
- Pick the date or activity from our Volunteer Schedule.
- Choose “Click here to register” at the bottom.
- Register with the system and sign up.
We are delighted so many of you are excited to work with us! To help us plan the right amount of work each day and provide the necessary site supervision, we must limit the number of volunteer shifts each day. By signing up for a specific shift, you reserve your spot!
Team Building: Looking for a team-building activity for your work group? Check out Habitat Team Builders.
Community Service Requirements: Do you need your volunteer hours verified for a community service requirement? We can help. Contact Volunteer Program Manager Christina for our special instructions for community service volunteers.
Many Opportunities Beyond Construction
Volunteers contribute more than muscle. Creativity, strategy, and technical skills are among the many invaluable traits volunteers bring to the organization. With a minimal staff, Willamette West Habitat for Humanity depends upon volunteer committees for support with projects like Homeowner Selection, Homeowner Partnering, Public Outreach, and Volunteer Coordination. We also offer opportunities in our Habitat ReStore, a volunteer-run building materials recycling center.
You Choose the Time Commitment
As a volunteer for Willamette West Habitat for Humanity, you can choose to volunteer as little or as often as you would like, from several days a week to once a year. All of these positions are a tremendous help that directly or indirectly result in the construction of simple, decent homes.
Construction Age Policy
Because we are a construction site, safety is our #1 concern. Our insurance requires that we restrict the activities of volunteers under the age of 18. Below are the highlights of our age policy. More details are given in the online orientation.
- Under 16: We currently do not allow anyone under 16 on the construction site. If you have youth this age interested in helping, we suggest contacting the volunteer program manager for ideas of things to do off-site.
- 16 - 17: Can participate in construction work, but cannot use power tools, do excavation or demolition, or work on rooftops. Groups of volunteers in this age range must provide at least one adult supervisor for every four youth volunteers.
- 18+: No restrictions.