Volunteers are vital to Habitat's mission. The vast majority of Habitat's work is done by volunteers, either on construction sites or in other areas. We welcome people from all walks of life to help us build homes for families in need.
You don't need construction experience to volunteer with Habitat, just a willingness to learn. If you don't know how to do a task, we will train you.
Volunteer with Willamette West Habitat!
- Pick the date or activity from our schedule.
- Choose “I would like to volunteer for this organization” at the bottom of the page.
- Register with the system and sign up.
We are delighted so many of you are excited to work with us! To help us plan the right amount of work each day and provide the necessary site supervision, we must limit the number of volunteer shifts each day. By signing up for a specific shift, you reserve your spot!
Team Building: Looking for a team-building activity for your work group? Check out Habitat Team Builders.
Community Service Requirements: Do you need your volunteer hours verified for a community service requirement? We can help. Contact madisonweakley [at] habitatwest [dot] org (subject: community%20service%20hours) (Madison Weakley )for our special instructions for community service volunteers.
Many Opportunities Beyond Construction
Volunteers contribute more than muscle. Creativity, strategy, and technical skills are among the many invaluable traits volunteers bring to the organization. With a minimal staff, Willamette West Habitat for Humanity depends upon volunteer committees for support with projects like Homeowner Selection, Homeowner Partnering, Public Outreach, and Volunteer Coordination. We also offer opportunities in our Habitat ReStore, a volunteer-run building materials recycling center.
You Choose the Time Commitment
As a volunteer for Willamette West Habitat for Humanity, you can choose to volunteer as little or as often as you would like, from several days a week to once a year. All of these positions are a tremendous help that directly or indirectly result in the construction of simple, decent homes.
Construction Age Policy
Because we are a construction site, safety is our #1 concern. Our insurance requires that we restrict the activities of volunteers under the age of 18. Below are the highlights of our age policy. More details are given in the online orientation.
- Under 16: We currently do not allow anyone under 16 on the construction site. If you have youth this age interested in helping, we suggest contacting the madisonweakley [at] habitatwest [dot] org (volunteer coordinator )for ideas of things to do off-site.
- 16 - 17: Can participate in construction work, but cannot use power tools, do excavation or demolition, or work on rooftops. Groups of volunteers in this age range must provide at least one adult supervisor for every four youth volunteers.
- 18+: No restrictions.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday
8:15 AM - 4:00 PM
We work rain or shine!
2013 Liability Waiver