Critical Home Repair
Critical Home Repair helps families address critical needs in their homes by focusing on safety, accessibility and meeting municipal codes. By offering home improvements for a low cost, the program will help preserve and ensure safe, decent, and affordable housing in our community.
Critical Home Repair repayment will be based on household income. A sliding scale will determine the direct cost for partner families. The partner family will be responsible for 15% to 30% of the actual cost of repair and this will be repaid to Habitat. Repayment options include a 0% interest loan and IDA savings account. Exact terms of the loan will vary, but the monthly payment will be based on income and current expenses, and will not be burdensome.
PLEASE NOTE: Willamette West Habitat does NOT work on properties that aren't owner-occupied and we do NOT work on mobile homes. If you have a mobile home in need of repair, we suggest contacting ReBuilding Together, who services Washington County, or Unlimited Choices, who services Beaverton.
- Extensive interior or exterior work
- Window replacement
- Extensive siding and trim repair or replacement
- Major roof repair or replacement
- Installation or extension of house systems
- Floor and wall repair
- Some foundation repair
- Sidewalk and driveways
- Accessibility Modifications : wheelchair ramps or space reconfiguration
- The home must be the applicant's primary residence, located in a program zip code and the homeowner must live in the house.
- Total gross household income for all residents over age 18 must fall between 20-80% of the median household income for Washington County to be eligible. (See Family Income Guidelines)
- Homeowners insurance and property taxes must be up-to-date.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat volunteers while the repairs are being done. Don't worry, no construction experience necessary!
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner, for their approval of all costs, before work begins.
- Some repairs, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, structural, will be done by licensed contractors.
- As a condition of approval, the homeowner will be required to provide a signed photo release, photos of the family and home (both before and after) and a family biography so Willamette West Habitat for Humanity can promote the program.
|Family Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
97003, 97005, 97006, 97007, 97008, 97034, 97035, 97036, 97062, 97068, 97070, 97078, 97075, 97123, 97124, 97223, 97224, 97225, 97229, 97231