Apply for a Habitat Home
Spring 2013 Meetings Announced:
- Monday, March 4, 2013 - 6:00PM - Beaverton City Library. 12375 SW 5th St, Beaverton 97005
- Saturday, March 9, 2013 - 1:00PM - Hillsboro Library, Shute Park Branch. 775 SE 10th Ave, Hillsboro 97123
- Sunday, March 10, 2013 - 2:00PM - Beaverton City Library. 12375 SW 5th St, Beaverton 97005
Completed Application Turn-In Days:
- Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - from 9:00am until 11:00am
- Thursday, April 4, 2013 - from 12:00pm until 2:00pm
- Monday, April 8, 2013 - from 4:00pm until 7:00pm
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - from 2:00pm until 5:00pm
Willamette West Habitat for Humanity builds homes in Washington County, Oregon. If you are interested in buying a Habitat home elsewhere, you will need to contact the Habitat affiliate in your area.
Need: You will be considered for a Habitat home if your present housing is not adequate, and if you are unable to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means. Lack of adequate housing may include problems with the present structure; water, electrical or sewage service systems; heating system, or failure to meet city property maintenance standards. Also taken into consideration are the number, the ages and the gender of children compared to the number of bedrooms in your present home.
Ability to pay a mortgage: You must be able to afford between $550 and $800 per month for monthly house payment. Habitat homes are sold at cost with a 0%-interest mortgage. You will be required to openly and fully discuss your financial situation with Habitat personnel.
Be able to save between $4,000 - $5,000 for appliances, down payment, first month’s mortgage payment and first year’s homeowner insurance.
Willingness to partner with Habitat: You and your family must be willing to work in partnership with Habitat for Humanity. We require 500 hours of sweat equity contributed by family and friends. Sweat equity is volunteer time spent building your home and the homes of your neighbors.
You must have lived in the Portland metropolitan area for at least the last 12 months.
- A U.S. Passport OR
- An Oregon Driver’s License/I.D. card AND your U.S. Birth Certificate OR
- An Oregon Driver’s License/I.D. card AND your proof of Permanent U.S. Residency
|Family Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
If you meet these criteria, you should attend a Homeowner Application meeting to find out more about our program and receive a housing application.
mandatory to begin the application process.
If you don't qualify for Willamette West Habitat's program some other local housing assistance programs are here.
|We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, familial status, national origin, age, marital status, sources of income, or any other legally protected class.|
(This form is NOT an application for a Habitat home)