A Brush with Kindness
A Brush with Kindness helps families revitalize the appearance of homes by offering exterior painting and improvements for a low cost; The program helps low-income homeowners reclaim their homes with pride and dignity.
A Brush with Kindness projects have a set cost of $300 for a single-story home, or $500 for a two-story home, and must be paid before any work begins. If you don't have the funds currently, that's ok, we have access to an IDA savings program that matches your savings with $3 for every $1 you save, allowing you to quickly get the funds needed for the repair work. Beyond painting and simple yard work, homeowners may choose to have additional exterior repairs done. 30% of those costs will be repaid to Willamette West Habitat.
PLEASE NOTE: Willamette West Habitat does NOT work on properties that are not owner-occupied and we do NOT work on mobile homes. If you have a mobile home in need of repair, we suggest contacting ReBuilding Together, who serves Washington County, or Unlimited Choices, who services Beaverton.
- Yard: Tree pruning, replacement of native plants, brush, limb removal
- Roof: Moss removal, scattered patching
- Gutters: clean or replace; soffit and fascia repair
- Porch: repair or replace
- Deck: repair or replace
- Repair fence
- Siding & Trim: minor repairs
- Driveway & Sidewalks: minor repairs, small patching
- Accessibility Modifications : wheelchair ramps
- The home must be the applicant's primary residence, located in a program zip code and the homeowner must live in the house.
- Total gross household income for all residents over age 18 must fall between 20-80% of the median household income for Washington County to be eligible. (See Family Income Guidelines)
- Homeowners insurance and property taxes must be up-to-date.
- Family members are expected to work alongside Habitat volunteers while the repairs are being done. Don't worry, no construction experience necessary!
- Habitat will review the repair list and job costs with the homeowner, for their approval of all costs, before work begins.
- Some repairs, including but not limited to, plumbing, electrical, structural, will be done by licensed contractors.
- As a condition of approval, the homeowner will be required to provide a signed photo release, photos of the family and home (both before and after) and a family biography so Willamette West Habitat for Humanity can promote the program.
|Family Size||Minimum Monthly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
97003, 97005, 97006, 97007, 97008, 97034, 97035, 97036, 97062, 97068, 97070, 97078, 97075, 97123, 97124, 97223, 97224, 97225, 97229, 97231